6 slices bacon- chopped/crumbled (I used regular, but maple-cured would be yummy too)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder (like Hershey's dutch processed)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cook bacon on medium-high heat, until uniformly brown all over, drain the slices of bacon, and chop or crumble.
3. Beat together: eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla.
4. Stir in flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
5. Mix in chocolate chips and bacon.
6. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes, let cool completely until removed from pan.
Yields 3 dozen cookies